Spring /Summer Workshops 2019
Fan dance and Floorwork workshop
Sun June 9th 2019
Fan Dance Workshop 11am - 1pm - £35
Floorwork Workshop 1.30pm - 3.30pm - £35
FANDANCING WORKSHOP 11AM: Learn the beautiful art of the fan dance with Tempest Rose. Popularized by Sally Rand in the 1930s, the classic ostrich feather fan dance is an iconic burlesque act full of elegance and tease. Learn the skills and techniques needed to fan dance gracefully - how to hold your fans, transition seamlessly between poses, move elegantly and classic fan moves and tips, - the class will end with a choreographed routine for you to try out your new skills. Tempest Rose has performed fan dances in some of the No.1 UK touring theatres in the country, at The Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House, The Hippodrome Casino, in New York and Paris Burlesque Festival and on BBC 1 on the prime time TV show Heir Hunters. Bring your own fans or borrow a set for the session - just select the relevant option when booking in the box below. Please bring dance clothing and heels.
FLOORWORK WORKSHOP 1.30PM: Learn the seductive art of Floorwork with International Showgirl Bettsie Bon Bon. She will teach you the the intricacies of using the ﬂoor as a prop, how to use ﬂoorwork in all types of burlesque, and expand your burlesque choreography. Award winning Bettsie Bon Bon is a headliner Solo artist and reguarly performs with House of Burlesque and at Cafe De Paris. Please bring comfortable clothes and heels. Knee pads and/or yoga mats are also recommended. All levels are welcome, but you will need a good level of general fitness to do this class.
You can attend either class or book both classes together
VENUE: NORTH LONDON MUSIC ACADEMY, 15 Pratt Mews NW1 0AD. NEAREST TUBES CAMDEN/MORNINGTON CRESCENT. MAP HERE
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO BURLESQUE MODELLING
You have the diamonds, the feathers, the fans. You know how to move, now learn how to stand still.
A 2.5 hour workshop with experienced professional model and burlesque glamazon Lady Ginger Lust. Receive insight that Ginger has gained over 6 years in the fashion industry as she talks you through what goes on in a professional shoot and exactly how to make the most of it.
• Gain the basic knowledge on what to expect on a professional photoshoot, and what is expected of you
• Get advice on how to work the camera and position yourself to best compliment your beautiful features
• Study the effects and importance of movement, angles and lighting on a photoshoot
• Learn what it takes to build your camera posing skills and positioning expertise
• Gain valuable information on how to network with photographers, makeup artists and hair stylists in the industry
• Spend time putting your new found knowledge to the test by acting as both model and photographer in a casual photoshoot
• Opportunity for Q&A
What to bring
· Notebook & pen
· Fully charged phone or digital camera
· Please arrive looking camera ready - as part of the workshop you will be taking pictures of each other to learn how to work your poses and angles to full effect in a series of excerisies design to help you put yourself in your best light